Saturday, September 18, 2010

At The Coffeshop

"I would like a bowl of noodles and some vegetables," I said. I was ordering my favourite noodles at the cofeeshop. I passed the hawker the money which he had been eyeing as keenly as a hawk hunting its prey, in exchange for my delicious lunch and some change.

My stomach growled as the fragrance of the tasty food wafted up into my nose. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath of the warm fragrance when all of a sudden, I heard sombody shout, "Watch out!" and before I knew it, I was sprawling on the floor,under a pungent pile of plastic plates. I looked up saw a stunned waiter. I then looked at myself. I was a fright. My shirt was drenched by my own soup, bits of vegetable were sliding down my face and noodles were entwined in my ruffled hair

"There goes my lunch," I thought to myself as I picked up my empty bowls and walked back to an enraged hawker to order some more noodles. This time I asked for a take-away as I was too embarrassed to eat there.

3 comments:

  1. Oh no! Please be careful in future. It has happened to some of us before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This really happen to you? poor boy! Hope you have enjoyed the noodles back at home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, so sorry you've stopped posting...your stories are very interesting!

    ReplyDelete